Steps for a Porch

Showing the Garden just for fun
rpu_bus

Steps for a Porch

Postby rpu_bus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Three of them, each 6" up, 11" deep, and 39" wide.
StepPorchTop.png
StepPorchTop.png (42.37 KiB) Viewed 15 times

The bottom step is on 2x4-22". It will have lag screws that I can adjust to set about an inch over a rough concrete slab.
StepPorchBottom.png
StepPorchBottom.png (92.34 KiB) Viewed 15 times

I am not sure if the lag screw is a good idea, but hope it will give some adjustment range and keep the wood off the concrete which I think wicks water into the wood (I am not really sure why it decayed the way it did).

I have an out of maintenance [Alibra] but their key server is not allowing me to use even the old version. They were bought by 3D systems and then sold for a fraction to someone (who cares), and one thing is for sure I will never do business with anyone of those outfits again.

[Alibra]: https://www.alibre.com/

I ended up using [FreeCAD], and guess what it has problems but worked well enough to let me look at some ideas for my porch project. The parts system is working, I could do parts without reading the instructions (wow), but they don't seem to have a way to do an assembly yet so I sort of had to grow an assembly as a part. It was not ideal but it gave me what I need, which was something with solid models to play with (rather than trashing boards). If [FreeCAD] can get an assembly widget working then well that would be amazing.

[FreeCAD]: https://www.freecadweb.org/

I was not able to make a dimensioned drawing, but for this project, I am good enough. I am just glad that I did not have to call anyone and scream until they caved in and got my key set up without paying the maintenance.

rpu_bus

Re: Steps for a Porch

Postby rpu_bus » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Lumber cut. I just now realized that I needed to not call these boards because that is what I call the circuit boards.

StepPorch_LumberCut.jpg
StepPorch_LumberCut.jpg (85.91 KiB) Viewed 5 times

Next is to pre-drill and paint.

rpu_bus

Re: Steps for a Porch

Postby rpu_bus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Paint and drill done, lag's are in place on bottom and the supports are assembled and glued. I will assemble everything else in place on the porch. The brick is just holding everything vertical while I photo it.

StepPorch_PaintDrill.jpg
StepPorch_PaintDrill.jpg (107.3 KiB) Viewed 1 time

Return to “Garden”